Our client, a busy international freight forwarder, needs 2 Material Handlers to join their team on a high-volume account. Hours are M-F and some Saturdays, 8am to 5pm with frequent overtime. This position is a temporary to hire.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receives Incoming materials and logs all deliveries in the daily receiving log.
- Visually inspects and verifies that cargo received matches quantity and description stated on the vendor packing list and matches purchase order and turn in packaging slip to materials clerk with accurate material count.
- Ensure and confirm accuracy of Part Number, Quantity, Serial Number, etc. of Physical Inventory verses Shipping Documents including if hazardous material verification.
- Review drawings and specifications related to materials as needed for verification purposes.
- Complete visual and dimensional inspection of parts and verify that material standards are met.
- Verifies compliance of supplier and regulatory specific requirements against published standards (ex. Country of Origin, Part Number labeling, etc.)
- Completes or verifies appropriate forms, documents, tags, labels and other information to ensure the accuracy of inventory, monitor and track material and successful receiving of goods.
- Works with supervisor to identify and correctly document, resolve and/or disposition OS&D scenarios or potential operational or service concerns
- Examine and inspect items for wear or defects reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Operates hand tools to close or open packaging, build or tear down crates, and other containers or material; packaging can be advanced or non-standard.
- Assist in reconciling inventory discrepancies and follow-up with an investigation to determine the root cause of the discrepancies
- Determine proper storage methods, identification and stock location based on turnover/ movement, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of the facility.
- Interacts with supervisors and leads to help identify trends, processes, or vendor specific issues that need to be addressed.
- Use identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment to mark all goods.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Operates a forklift when required and is fully trained and operational.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, product code and related characteristics.
- May perform some data entry in the ERP system within the warehouse
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of related experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint and part specification diagrams, including Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing features
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Forklift and HAZMAT certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of quality and inventory control
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure quality requirements
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Duties may require exerting up to 70 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Must be organized and have the ability to complete an accurate count on items received.
- Must have good communication skills, including the ability to read and write effectively.
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to operate in warehouse environment
- Detail oriented with ability to carry out instructions and processes with minimal supervision
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
LANGUAGE SKILLS English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS Ability to operate computer equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or bend, walk and lift. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT Normal working hours for this position are Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY: This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position
Houston, Texas 77032