Full time opportunity with an international freight forwarders IAH location that has an immediate opening within their Shipping Department:
Pay: $15-16 an hour
Location: North Houston, 77032
Shift: 1st 8am-5pm, with plenty of Overtime
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receives Incoming materials and logs all deliveries in the daily receiving log.
- Visually inspects and verifies that cargo received matches quantity and description stated on the vendor packing list and matches purchase order and turn in packaging slip to materials clerk with accurate material count.
- Ensure and confirm accuracy of Part Number, Quantity, Serial Number, etc. of Physical Inventory verses Shipping Documents including if hazardous material verification.
- Review drawings and specifications related to materials as needed for verification purposes.
- Complete visual and dimensional inspection of parts and verify that material standards are met.
- Verifies compliance of supplier and regulatory specific requirements against published standards (ex. Country of Origin, Part Number labeling, etc.)
- Completes or verifies appropriate forms, documents, tags, labels and other information to ensure the accuracy of inventory, monitor and track material and successful receiving
- Assist in reconciling inventory discrepancies and follow-up with an investigation to determine the root cause of the discrepancies
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office
- 1 year of recent on the job Forklift experience
- Duties may require exerting up to 70 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Houston, Texas 77032
Transportation/ Communication/ and Utilities
APPLY FOR JOB