Full time opportunity with a global freight forwarder in North Houston. Our client offers a dynamic culture, room for professional growth, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Pay up to $19/hr. (OT occurs regularly)
Scheduling, shipping, and tracking of all customer sales orders through strong customer service oriented skills, an excellence sense of organization, strategic planning, and keen attention to detail. Monitoring transportation and warehouse processing of orders using software systems specifically designed to manage logistical functions. Ensuring accurate and timely issue of shipping documents to the warehouse for shipments of customer orders to meet delivery timelines.
- Ensures that all shipping deadlines are met and orders are delivered to customers in a timely fashion.
- Serves as POC for the client fulfillment leaders and managers, client logistics team, warehouse shipping team, Account management team as well as other internal and external collaborators.
- Processes customer shipments
- Coordinates routing of domestic sales orders as well as the delivery schedules and preparing accurate bills of lading and airway bills
- Coordinates international shipments schedule in collaboration with the logistics team and warehouse to ensure proper documents are processed and applied to each order prior to shipping
- Reviewing and issuing all required export documentation prior to releasing them from our facility, i.e.: airway bills, bill of lading, HAWB, MAWB, invoices, packing lists.
- Closing out shipments in the warehouse management system
- Updating shipments as required on customer dashboard as well as organization’s tracking system.
- Track and analyze mis-shipments to ensure they don’t occur again and address and resolve any issues with delayed shipments.
- Reports any problems, issues, and losses to the account manager.
- Liaise with customer assigned forwarders to ensure timely pick up of shipments.
- Communicate with van lines and couriers to ensure prompt pick-up and delivery of shipments
- Arrange same-day deliveries whenever required
- Schedule returns of materials based on sourcing instructions or supplier RMA/ RGA as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels
- Assist client with product selection and pricing to improve transportation routes.
- Coordinate and arrange for packaging of Hazardous materials and schedule shipments accordingly.
- Adhere to all relevant rules and regulations and maintain KPIs
- Utilizing logistics IT to optimize shipping and transport procedures
- Coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availability and requirements
- Assist with reports for upper management as needed.
- Associates Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Knowledge of Incoterms preferred
- Understanding of Export compliance a plus
- Knowledge of Hazmat DOT regulations a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service or logistics industry
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77032
APPLY FOR JOB