Our client is a Houston-based supplier of safety and industrial products that seeks 2 Purchasing Clerks (entry level) for a temporary to hire opportunity. Hours are M-F 8am to 5pm, pay is $12 per hour.
The Purchasing Support Representative position supports the strategic business objective by maintaining and providing accurate item information to all departments from suppliers and supporting the Purchasing team.
- Update and maintain accurate information in item database for assigned suppliers.
- Process new purchase orders to supplier by email, fax, online or EDI.
- Contacts vendors for estimated delivery date of items.
- Ensures item information is notated correctly in Great Plains Software and communicates orders status to internal customers such as customer service.
- Daily reconciliation of items received into Great Plains Software.
- Process returns to suppliers by coordinating shipping and vendor information.
- Assists as back-up contact on daily issues such as order status, receiving and pricing for assigned suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs.
- Ability to work with tight timeframes and follow through with the customer service on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as cross-functionally.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in relatable job position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2020)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2020
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77066
APPLY FOR JOB