Direct Hire opportunities with a family-owned industry leader in the utility locating industry. Our client was established nearly a century ago and over the years has continued to add to their service and product offerings in an effort to establish and maintain their reputation as a leader in the industry.
Pay: $15 – $16 + take-home company vehicle + benefits
- Use locating equipment to determine location of utilities and mark area with paint and/or flags to prevent damage to utility infrastructure.
- Fulfilling the entire scope of the locate requests (tickets)
- Adhere to the company vehicle policy.
- Reading utility prints and maps.
- Communicating professionally when interacting with homeowners, contractors, and utility representatives.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the underground facilities infrastructure.
- Meet overtime and travel requirements.
- Participation in rotational after hours on-call will be required.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities;
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Utility industry experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer based).
- This job requires traveling to service locations, it is required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Meets Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) requirements.
- This job is primarily done outdoors and could involve entering residential and commercial properties. Work is performed under all weather conditions. You may be exposed to heat, cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather at times.
Houston, Texas 77061