Our client is a Houston-based supplier of safety and industrial products that seeks a Customer Service Representative Tier 3 for a temporary to hire opportunity. Hours are M-F 8am to 5pm, pay is $17 to $18.50 per hour
The Customer Service Tier 3 position supports the strategic business objective by ensuring the customer receives best in class service along with receiving their product in a timely manner. The Customer Service Tier 3 collaborates with other departments within the broader organization to ensure a seamless product workflow. Receives and processes customer orders, inquiries, and/or complaints regarding items or products ordered. Maintains an ongoing relationship with designated customers and sales staff and be the main point of contact with assigned customers. Incumbents utilize knowledge of products and product availability to provide a communications link to the customer. Applies advanced skills to the position within assigned functional area.
- Responsible for entering all orders into system within 24 hours and extreme accuracy, both manual and retail orders in queue. Process on average 30 – 50 orders daily.
- Able to decipher crucial information on orders while paying tremendous attention to detail.
- Allocates inventory from all locations.
- Enters quotes into system from various customers; provides accurate pricing to customer with information given by the sales team within 24 hours.
- Checks order status and provides updates, offers approved substitutes and gives an estimated time of completion on orders placed to the customer.
- Ensures each order is following the natural course and troubleshoot should there be any issues.
- Provides approved price sheet substitutions when item is on backorder or if sizing is not available in specific brand.
- Product knowledge and specification of logo placement.
- Responsible for rush orders and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Partners closely with all departments on multiple issues throughout the day.
- Builds sustainable relationships with assigned customer base to identify each customer’s requirements as well as additional details.
- Occasionally assists with phone calls and emails with questions on allocation programs as well as help navigate through the web platform.
- Initiates customer returns.
- Verifies if orders can be shipped partial or a full order is needed to ship.
- Additional duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time.
- Decision-making skills with the ability to investigate and weigh alternatives and select the course of action that provides the greatest benefit to the organization and customers.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implementable, workable solutions.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs.
- Ability to work with tight timeframes and follow through on a regular basis.
- Able to manage tremendous amounts of data quickly with accuracy.
- Can manage through multiple computer applications with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism to a wide range of customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as cross-functionally
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly with customers as well as heavy data entry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing and recruiting pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States. Leveraging more than 65 years of proven performance, the experts at Snelling have what it takes to solve your complex staffing challenges or find the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
Our job is to match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States – Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses – Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms – Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Houston, Texas 77066
APPLY FOR JOB